The Data We Collect About You
We collect your personal information in order to give you better products and services. For marketing and personal data optimization purposes, we may collect, use, store and transfer your personal data about you. Rentit also uses Google Digital Marketing to offer targeted offers.
Learn more below:
- Our system receives and stores the information you provide to us such as your identity data, contact data, delivery address, and financial information.
- Rentit automatically collects and stores certain types of information about your use of the Rentit Marketplace, including information about your searches, views, downloads, and rentals.
- We may obtain information about you from third parties such as our carriers, payment service providers, merchants/brands, and advertising service providers.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookie files are small files of letters and numbers that are placed on your computer if you accept them.
- By recognizing and counting visitors to the site and tracking how visitors move around on the site when they use it, we can improve how the site works.
- The ability to identify your preferences and subscriptions, such as language settings, saved items, and items in your basket
- We will send you newsletters and advertising messages based on your interests.
When you use our marketplace, approved third parties may also set cookies. A third party can be a search engine, a provider of measurement and analytics services, a social media network, or an advertising company.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Our company uses your personal data for a range of activities, including operating, providing, developing, and improving our products and services.
- You will be registered as a new customer
- Your orders will be processed and delivered
- Your relationship with us will be managed
- You will be able to participate in promotions, contests, and surveys.
- Improving our website, applications, products, and services
- Advertise/recommend products or services to you that may be of interest to you
- Comply with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity when necessary
- Detect fraud.
How We Share Your Personal Data
For the following reasons, we may need to disclose your personal information with other parties:
- Product and service sales: We may need to transfer your personal data to third parties in order to deliver products and services purchased on our marketplace from third parties.
- Working with third-party service providers: We hire third-party service providers to carry out some tasks on our behalf. Fulfilling product and service orders, delivering items, analyzing data, giving marketing assistance, processing payments, sending information, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service are just a few examples.
- Business transfers: As our company grows, we may sell or purchase additional businesses or services. Customer information may be transferred together with other corporate assets in such deals.
- Detecting fraud and abuse: For fraud protection and rental risk reduction, as well as to comply with the law, we share account and other personal data with other companies and organizations.
When we share your personal data with third parties, we:
- Cnly allow them to process it for certain reasons and according to our instructions. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for their own reasons.
If applicable laws in your location allow it, we may transmit your personal data to locations outside of your country. Such transfers are fraught with dangers.
In the event that your personal data is transferred internationally, we will take the necessary steps to protect it, and we will continue to respect your legal rights in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable legislation in your location.
We have implemented necessary security measures to protect your personal data from being lost, misused, and accessed in an unauthorized manner, altered, or exposed by accident
Furthermore, we restrict access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who require it for business purposes. They will only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and are bound by strict confidentiality obligations.
We have protocols in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and if we are legally required to do so, we will notify you and any applicable authority.
Your Legal Rights
It's critical that the personal information we have on you is correct and up to date. If your personal information changes throughout your contact with us, please let us know.
You have various rights in connection to your personal data under data protection regulations, including the ability to view, rectify, or erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
Please email email@example.com if you would like more information about how we process your personal data or if you would want to exercise your legal rights in relation to your personal data.